Listen to our podcast to start your day ON THE RIGHT TRACK! The podcast is only 2 minutes long and will give you three quick tips to be amazing!
There are so many elements to being Amazing. For this newsletter I will focus on just one element “How do others see you?”
Our webinar on September 27 provides an entire hour of tips, tactics, and techniques to help you be amazing.
Look at your desk. Does it look amazing?
There is a big difference between neat and organized. Just because you aren’t neat, it doesn’t mean you aren’t organized. However, having a messy desk does mean that people may assume you are disorganized and will probably treat you as such.
When you’re not organized—or when people think you aren’t—they will tend to follow up with you more often than they would with other people, wasting your time and theirs.
Or, they may not give you a task or responsibility because they will assume you aren’t efficient enough to get the job done (even if you are). They determine that you are “not” amazing. This is bad.
How can you make sure you’re portraying yourself as an amazing, organized, efficient professional? What does “neat” look like?
- Before you go home at night, make sure it’s obvious that you are not still there. If you’re working, a little clutter is fine but if you’re away for an extended period of time, or the workday is over, tidy up.
- Limit the number of piles of paper on your desk. Put them away or find some type of accordion filing system that will let you store “like” piles together, out of sight.
- Get vertical filing racks for the walls of your workspace.
- Don’t keep duplicates on your desk. Do you really need a coffee mug with 18 pens in it?
- Cut down on the number of sticky notes around your workspace. Find a better way to organize your reminders.Messy doesn’t mean unorganized. Many people work in “organized chaos,” and they know exactly where everything is and they can keep track of every project they’re working on.
However, perception is reality, and if people assume you’re incompetent because of the messy way you work, the cost is to your reputation. Isn’t it worth investing just a little bit of time each day to take control over your mess—and other people’s perception of you?
The Amazing Assistant Webinar – September 27, 2017
I can hope that you are already Amazing, but to help us all celebrate what we do, it is sometimes good to reinforce those things that only the Amazing Assistants do. Hopefully you are already doing them all, but if you’ve attended other sessions with me, you realize that my perspective is not the “same old same old” that you get in other programs. Make sure you are doing those invisible things that most are not doing (don’t assume you are!).
For this one hour webinar, we are going to refine and expand the critical skills that make you better than good, they make you Amazing.
Finally, come to work because you want to and because you know you make a difference!
Achieve satisfaction at the end of the day because you know you excel in what you do – and others know it too! Be proud, stand tall and be confident in your ability to be an Amazing Assistant.
Your Presenter: Rhonda Scharf
Rhonda Scharf is a well recognized Professional Speaker, Trainer and Author. She specializes in helping Administrative Professionals to thrive in their work environment using her proven tools and strategies. She is a trusted resource for many organizations across Canada, the United States and the Middle East. She holds the highest speaking designation in the world, the Certified Speaking Professional. Rhonda is also an active member and supporter of many administrative professional associations across the world.
Price of the workshop includes:
- Interactive workbook (emailed prior to session)
- Live Q&A session following presentation
- Recording of session (available for 60 days)
- 30 days free email one-on-one coaching
- Toll Free access
- Certificates for all attendees
Date: Wednesday, Sep 27, 2017
Time: 2:00 pm ET (one hour webinar)
Cost: Only $139.00 per dial in line (unlimited attendance)
Are you ready to sign up?
Click here for CAD and click here for USD to register automatically.
Contact Rhonda for details about bringing this program live to your location.
It is not too late to sign up for the September 21 webinar “Reboot Yourself For 2018” by Rhonda Scharf. Email: David@on-the-right-track.com with “Register Me for Reboot Yourself For 2018” in the subject line (session is Thursday @ 2pm ET)
There’s a fresh, new podcast every week on itunes. Don’t miss it.
ATTENTION ASSOCIATION MEMBERS:
If you’re an IAAP
member, the content of this webinar is in line with the criteria for recertification points. (International Association of Administrative Professionals)
We are happy to offer a discount code to members of AEAP
. Please use the code provided to you in your weekly communication when registering.
If you are an ASAP
member and enrolled in ASAP’s Professional Administrative Certificate of Excellence (PACE), this live webinar will count for 1.5 credits toward your Certificate. (American Society of Administrative Professionals)
If you are an AAA
member, you will receive a certificate that is already good for 1 certification point. (Association of Administrative Assistants)
We provide Certificates of Completion following the session as the content of this programs qualifies for many different types of CEUs.
Wondering how we’re going to get all this done?
* “Amazing Assistant” is a live, 1-hour webinar you’ll call into, while following along on an online presentation.
* Before the session, I’ll send you an Executive Overview, which is the workbook you’ll use to follow along.
* During the session, I’ll host a live Q&A call, in which you can remain anonymous.
* After the session, I’ll send you the link to the recording, which will be available for you for 60 days.
* For 30 days following the session, you’ll get unlimited email coaching with me
So, now are you ready to sign up?
with “Register Me for Amazing Assistant” in the subject line.
Following the session, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance from David to use in your files to prove your commitment to ongoing education.
Keep ON THE RIGHT TRACK this month!